Registered Nurse - RN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Benchmark of Hamden, CT is looking for caring and compassionate RN's to provide exceptional care for our resident's! We are seeking [Full-time, 2nd shift, 3:00pm-11:00pm.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Directs and supervises the daily work assignments of the Resident Care Assistants
- Is the first point of contact for the care associates regarding assignment questions or concerns
- Closely mentors, guides and directs the Lead Resident Care Assistants in all aspects of their job
- Coordinates care needs with community providers via an effective case management process
- Effectively balances service demands with supporting resident independence
- Accurately assesses, communicates, and documents residents' status
- Observes and reports any significant changes in resident behavior and health to Resident Care Director, physician, family, RCA's, and Executive Director per state regulations
- Recognizes and assists in the prevention of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation (financial and other) and reports to appropriate sources per state regulations
- Responds to emergencies and personal emergency response system and knows when to call for backup
- Current state license as an RN and CPR certification
- Graduate of an approved R.N program (per state requirements)
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience working as a nurse preferred
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a paid or volunteer position highly desirable
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!
Loading some great jobs for you...