Automation/Controls Electrician (licensed)
Compensation: $98,830.00 - $138,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
EMCOR Services New England Mechanical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: --Automation/Controls Electrician -Entry level
Job Summary: --The Automation/Controls Electrician is responsible for supporting a Building Automation System (BAS) installation including mounting of control components, conduit low voltage wiring, terminations, system start-up, checkout and troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Plans installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and is consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit.
- Pull wiring through conduit and label
- Ensure that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Locate, mount and terminate BAS end devices such as temperature sensors, relays and electronic actuators
- Assist with job commissioning, start-up procedures and owner training if necessary
- Prepares sketches showing as-built location of wiring and equipment
- Attend project meetings as necessary
- Ability to work overtime, varied shift hours and occasional travel as needed
- Effectively able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisor and crew members
- Work independently and as a team member
- Works with other trades to coordinate work on the job site
Qualifications: --Requires a CT E2 or L6 License
- High school diploma, certificate from college or technical school, and 2-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an appropriate occupational license (if applicable).
- Ability to work overtime, varied shift hours and occasional travel as needed.
- Effectively able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
Apply concepts of fractions, ratios, percentages and proportions to practical situations
- Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisor and crew members.
- Work independently and as a team member.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, climb, kneel, twist, stand and climb stairs and ladders
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
#CB1Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...