Migration Practice Lead-Managing Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
6 Months CTH:
Conversion Salary: 100-130K
JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary/Objective:We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual with a proven background in managing technology services teams. They should possess analytic abilities, a robust and relevant background, strong presentation skills, relevant management experience and a team-oriented attitude. The candidate should possess knowledge of the leading migration platforms and have broad work experience in consulting in the Life Sciences industry.
The successful candidate will be confident working effectively in the R&D and Q&M business areas and to further build the team to migrate data and documents between leading ECM solutions.
He/She will lead the Migration Services team and engage with clients to understand their migration business needs, translate those needs into migration requirements (across various Content Services platforms and their associated business applications) and then support the execution of the actual migration initiatives.The candidate will be required to develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the candidate must have the ability to converse with people from all levels within an organization. Principal Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing and able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Work with clients to analyze their processes and define requirements to migrate to leading Content Services solutions in the Life Sciences industry.
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the practice to support the business targets of the organization.
- Liaise with FME's European business units on best practice techniques and methodologies.
- Collaborate on large international projects to ensure client success.
- Define Best Practices for migration services and implement these across the practice.
- Engage with Strategic Partners to ensure a high level of migration competence across the practice on the supported migration platforms.
- Candidates should have strong project management skills, be strong team players, take initiative, and think strategically and creatively.
- Track team performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Manage technical project teams and escalate project risks/issues in a timely manner, as necessary.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The candidate must be strong in communication, must be able to prepare regular written and verbal presentations, technical documents, and reports.
- The candidate must be able to work self-driven but must also work well in a team taking on different roles as needed (dependent on the project situation).
- The candidate must be flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in Life Sciences consulting (R&D and Q&M business processes).
- 2-4 years data migration experience in Content Services/ECM.
- Knowledge of OpenText Documentum D2 Life Sciences Suite and Veeva Vault preferred. Familiarity with other platforms such as Generis/Cara and Sparta Trackwise would be beneficial.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills.
- This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all practice members.
- Able to be present in the Danbury, CT office as required.
- Able to travel to client sites across the US and potentially internationally when necessary.
Loading some great jobs for you...