- Jacobs Engineering
- $95,710.00 -135,230.00/year*
14 Bermuda Rd
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Support the Buildings, Infrastructure, and Advanced Facilities Group in broad and cutting-edge applications of the Highway Traffic Safety practice. Work with senior engineers, planners, and adjacent professionals on complex traffic safety analyses, production of technical documentation and other key client deliverables, supporting the development of transportation agency programming and planning, and highway and roadway design projects in the area of transportation safety. Join the Jacobs Highway Traffic Safety practice to support our team's mission of providing traffic safety services with excellence, furthering our industry, and saving lives on our public roads.
* Perform a broad variety of highway traffic safety analyses including network screening, predictive crash analysis, geospatial analysis, road safety assessment, and more.
* Assist with the development of technical documentation, reports, and presentation materials.
* Implement practices outlined in the AASHTO Highway Safety Manual.
* Assist with the development of highway traffic safety analysis tools using Microsoft Excel (VBA), Python, and more.
* Use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Assist with highway traffic safety research projects and analyses.
* Provide support to engineering and project management staff members as needed.
* A minimum of a BS in Civil Engineering or a related field is required
* A minimum of one year of highway safety education, research, or traffic experience is preferred
* Previous safety, traffic, or design intern or professional experience is preferred.
* Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision is required.
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, ArcGIS, Python, and VBA are preferred.
* Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of the AASHTO Highway Safety Manual (HSM) a plus.
* Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Associated topics: climate, clinical, gauge, hospital, physician, safe, sewer system, scba, wastewater, wwtp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...