Summary: Performs various duties concerned with receipt and storage of food and paper products for the Dining Services Department at The Jewish Senior Services. Also performs special cleaning assignments.
Reports To: Director of Dining Services, Assistant Director of Dining Services, Managers
Titles Supervised: None
Schedule: Flex hours - M/W/F 8:00am - 1:30pm and every other weekend
1.Prepare storage areas by consolidating existing food and paper supplies in preparation for incoming deliveries.
2. Inspect all in-coming deliveries, sign delivery slip and report any discrepancies to Assistant Director or Chef.
3. Maintain and coordinate food and paper supplies inventories following established departmental policies and procedures. Complete all applicable forms and kept records in designated binders.
4. Maintain security in all storage areas by securing entrance ways and notifying Supervisors when not available. Monitor all refrigeration and dry storage and maintain them in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines.
5. Procure food and paper requirements for those personnel requesting items from inventory. Complete required departmental paperwork to track inventory counts and confirm and requests as needed with the Chef and/or Supervisors.
6. Responsible for the inventory control of the following storage areas: Paper cage, chemical cage, secondary storage located in loading dock area, all walk-in refrigeration units, party supply room on stage, primary storage area in basement (including emergency stock).
7. Special cleaning assignments. Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly assignments as posted.
8.Other related duties as assigned.
Education:High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Experience: 1 year experience with Dining Services, inventory or receiving.
Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate; Ability to utilize various culinary machines to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...