Senior Data Governance Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Data Governance Analyst in Stamford, CT.Responsibilities:
- Partner with subject matter experts as Data Stewards across the enterprise to discover, define & govern business data
- Create business rules and definitions ahead of development to ensure the data and reports developed by Application & Data Engineering teams abide by it
- Maintain the Corporate Business Glossary and lineage of reporting systems and authoritative source systems and owners to foster common understanding of the business
- Create and maintain Data Dictionary and ensure metadata is captured correctly to drive data awareness
- Develop and implement data standards and create methods for monitoring and reporting data issues
- Ensure data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined and implemented
- Liaise with business stakeholders and data engineers to define and build data models
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
- Excellent technical abilities with 3-5 years of experience in data governance, business analysis, data modeling principles, or relevant business experience using data
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable interacting with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of tackling complex/loosely defined problems and structuring a well-organized and actionable solution
- A true passion for data and data quality to provide trusted, fact-based insights
- Knowledge of ETL, SQL and/or data warehouses and navigation through systems such as OLTP/OLAP
- Experience with Data Modeling using tools such as ERwin, Data Modeler, MySQL Workbench, Oracle SQL, PowerDesigner, etc.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, or similar BI tools
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Loading some great jobs for you...