This job is responsible for supporting department goals for both growth and asset quality under the direction of the Manager Commercial Operations and delivers quality customer service to internal and external customers. Monitors compliance with regulatory guidelines and internal policy and procedures to minimize any risks for the Bank.
Essential Job Duties
• Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of accounting loan systems, internal policies and procedures and all applicable regulatory guidelines and ensure any issues are addressed and resolved. Resource to Commercial Relationship Administrators and Commercial Administrative Assistants. May help provide training as needed.
• Coordinates an efficient commercial loan closing and funding process including review and deliver accurate documentation package for internal approval to close and onboarding into the bank’s systems.
• Responds to and resolves a wide variety of issues from internal and external customers, collecting data and research and applying skills and experience. Works with management and other internal departments to resolve complex or sensitive issues.
• Processes payments, payoffs, transfers, advances on loans. Processes overdrafts, exception wires and prepayment premium calculations with support from supervisor/manager.
• Utilizes a variety of reports using multiple systems to administer assigned sections of portfolio. Maintains accurate files and records.
• Continuously monitors internal general ledger accounts to ensure third party services are paid according to internal procedures and funds are cleared timely as directed by supervisor/manager.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of legal, regulatory, financial accounting issues and systems. Ensures loans are maintained accurately on various systems. Frequently interacts with outside attorneys, accounting professionals, construction inspectors and internal departments like Loan Servicing, Construction Monitoring Group and Agency Services to complete assignments and tasks.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
High school diploma or equivalency required.
2 - 4 years relevant experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn to use additional applications as needed.
• Effective written and verbal skills are needed to communicate in a courteous and professional manner with commercial customers, attorneys, accounting professionals and a wide range of employees. Ability to remain courteous and professional when handling calls and sensitive customer information.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail are required to perform tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to work well with a team and share knowledge and skills.
• Ability to apply knowledge of legal and regulatory issues to internal processes.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
• Effective math skills are needed to process banking transactions such as advances, wires and book loans to multiple systems.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...