Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Data Center/Infrastructure Architect
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: Long Term Contract
- As a member of the infrastructure architecture team, this role works closely with other team members, engineering teams, solution architecture, enterprise architecture, and project managers in order to plan, design, and document infrastructure solutions which meet business and solution requirements.
- Lead technical SMEs from engineering teams to develop and document comprehensive technical designs meeting project, vendor, and business requirements.
- Serves as accountable infrastructure technical design lead throughout project plan and define phases.
- Works with engineering teams and other infrastructure architects to create new standard architectures as new technologies or requests arise.
- Reviews and evaluate proposed solutions to ensure selected solutions meet or can be designed to fit within current infrastructure standards. Documents new standards if required.
- Identify and communicate solution or design risks to project managers and business partners when they arise.
- Provide infrastructure building estimates and costs to project managers. Has a solid grasp on licensing requirements.
- Work with engineering teams to re-architect solutions when gaps are identified.
- Audit infrastructure builds to ensure they meet plans and documents.
- Research and provide options for new infrastructure platforms when needed.
- Remain current on infrastructure technology trends as they evolve.
- Work with SME to develop architectural documentation on systems which were not previously documented.
- This is a senior technical role. It leads technical design across multiple technical domains to create overall infrastructure designs for projects.
- Coaching and mentoring other infrastructure architects on other projects is also required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in program integration and deployment with the confidence and technical ability to consult at many levels
- Demonstrated functional knowledge in one or more of the following: large corporate IT operations, major IT programs, systems integration and technical architecture at enterprise and interenterprise levels
- Management and/or oversight of large scale data center migration programs
- Knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and communication architectures
- Experience supporting complex development and deployment activities
- Technical project management experience
- Highlevel understanding of software systems design and technical concepts
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and release management process
- Experience in transition management, deployment build release process, software release, configuration management, change management, and a strong technical understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Experience with public cloud providers.
- Thorough understanding of different network appliances, and protocols
- Knowledge of Consumer's Energy functions and systems
- Indepth understanding of IT security management practices and procedures
- The role of the Infrastructure Architect requires deep and broad technical skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, database, and network infrastructure.
- This role also demands strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead technical decision making as well as maintain complex technical documentation.
- Experience implementing cloud hosted solutions is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field
Skills and Experience:
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- DATA CENTER
- PROJECT PLAN
- SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
- TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE
- TECHNICAL DESIGN
- TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNOLOGY
- IT INFRASTRUCTURE
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
- SYSTEMS DESIGN
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Loading some great jobs for you...