- Wethersfield Public Schools
- $93,340.00 -129,610.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
14 Bermuda Rd
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
Wethersfield Public Schools
Long Term Substitute - Speech & Language Pathologist
Date Posted: February 2019
The Wethersfield Public Schools partner with the community and families in fostering our students' ongoing education in a safe and secure learning environment. Our schools are demographically diverse and are characterized by respectful behavior, trusting relationships, caring educators/administrators/staff and continuous learning.
Wethersfield's Charles Wright Elementary School has an upcoming opening for a Long Term Substitute-Speech & Language Pathologist able to work with a diverse population. We are targeting filling this role on or about May 28, 2019. This role is targeted through the end of the current school year and there is no guarantee of continued employment beyond this school year. This role does not offer benefits.
Position: Long Term Substitute-Speech & Language Pathologist
School: Charles Wright Elementary School
Reports To: Building Principal
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Compensation: $125 per day worked (pay may be negotiable)
Application Date: Until Filled
The Speech Language Pathologist will serve as a resource to school staff members in the implementation of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement. The Speech & Language Pathologist will provide services for children with communication disorders including articulation, development language, voice, fluency and problems associated with hearing deficits.
Duties of the position include the following:
* Identify children with speech, development language and/or hearing impairments through observation, screening, evaluations and referrals;
* Evaluate the nature and severity of deficits by means of formal/informal tests including prognosis or potential for improvement; provide a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice and language impairments.
* Design and implement individualized therapy program goals targeted to improve area(s) of deficiency (i.e., articulation, fluency, receptive and expressive language, voice) using scientifically based instruction;
* Participate in Planning and Placement Team (PPT) meetings; formulate Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
* Assist in the proper referral of students to agencies and specialists in the community as needed;
* Work with groups of children in the extended readiness program to assist with language development;
* Provide information and consultation services for parents, teachers and others regarding the results of evaluations and therapy;
* Collaborate with classroom teachers and school staff members to implement therapy within student's daily activities;
* Coordinate, schedule and follow-up on assistive technology contacts for consultants, evaluations and presentations;
* Participate in in-service workshops and curriculum planning;
* Maintain accurate records
* Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology;
* Appropriate Certification credentials (061 certification)
* Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
* Ability to work cooperatively with other office personnel;
* Ability to handle and treat information confidentially;
* Ability to relate effectively with staff, parents, students and the public;
* Ability to plan and organize work schedule and set priorities;
* Ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency
All applicants must apply on-line at
Wethersfield Public School System-Nondiscrimination Policy
The Wethersfield Public Schools is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and equal access to Boy Scouts of America and to other designated youth groups. The Wethersfield Public Schools does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. The Department of Education does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction. Inquiries regarding the Wethersfield Public School System's nondiscrimination policies and practices should be directed to: Title IX Coordinator, Director of Special Services, 127 Hartford Avenue, Wethersfield, CT 06109
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...